- The Seeds for the 2007 Coastal Plain League Petitt Cup Championship Tournament will be according to overall winning percentage for the entire season. Of the eight (8) teams that make the Tournament, the team with the best overall winning percentage will be the No. 1 seed, the team with the second-best overall winning percentage will be the No. 2 seed, and so forth. If the second half champion of a particular division is the same team as the first half champion, then the playoff berth will be awarded to the team with the next-best overall winning percentage for the entire season (despite division).
- Two of the eight teams that get in will be at-large entries determined by the two highest overall winning percentages of teams not yet securing a playoff spot. Should the host club not clinch a playoff spot, then as the host team they will be enter into the tourmament as one of the at-large teams.
|2007 CPL Playoff Picture|
- Edenton, Fayetteville, and Thomasville have clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup as First and Second Half Champions.
- Florence, Martinsville, Peninsula, Spartanburg, and Wilson have both clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup as at-large bids.
- Asheboro, Columbia, Gastonia, New Bern, Outer Banks, Petersburg, and Wilmington have been eliminated from playoff contention.